The one thing I still have to fire up Photoshop for... rotating images! Any ideas?

Hi,

I am an Adobe convert and love working in CorelDRAW. For the most part, I don't use PhotoPaint except to occasionally make a quick edit. However, I have not been able to figure out how to precisely rotate a page in PhotoPaint the way I do in Photoshop... maybe you know a better way?

We get scanned documents, and occasionally they are crooked. In Photoshop, I open the document, use the Ruler tool to drag a line across the tilted portion that I'd like to be straightened, then choose Rotate > Arbitrary and use the pre-filled rotation percent. In other words, I can perfectly straighten an image just by drawing a line across what should be straight.

Does PhotoPaint have a similar, easy to use Rotate feature? I have found where you type in the rotation percent value... but it is difficult to guess and takes a few tries.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

-Stephen

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Stephen,

You havent said which version of Corel Photo-Paint you use. With the new and current version, straighten image came. And can bee seen as an extra tool to use for straighten images. With straighten image, found under Adjust, you simply drag the slider left or right to rotate the image. Good for some images.

Another thing of course is the more exact value which you mention, to write a number value.

And again, if the image is an object (Layer in Photoshop) and not a Background, then just select the object and then click on the image again (double click) and simply rotate by using the handles showing up, in the corner or the sides. Rotate 360 degrees if you like.

If the image is a Background object (layer,) then select the background object in the Objects docker, and look in the bottom for the icon "create objects of background".

If you would tripple click on a object, you will then be able to skew and more the image. Just try and play.
    Hope it helped.

Children
No Data