Upgrade eligibility different in UK from USA

I am looking to upgrade from CGS X3 to X7 but in the UK I am not eligible for an upgrade and would have to pay the full price.  In the USA, it seems that I can upgrade from any version.  Why this difference?

Trik

Parents
No Data
  • I don't know if it still applies, but at one time the European versions of software used to require that they be are allowed to be resold and re-registered by the new user. That is entirely different than North America where you only by a licenses to use software and the license cannot be resold. The higher price reflects that situation in Europe. Upgrades have the same rules so manufacturers charge more for the potential of software being resold and they have to support a new user with no sales revenue after the first sale.

Anyone from Europe Know the current rules? This is a situation where being careful what you wish for applies it was users who wanted to be able to resell .

Some major companies of course no longer sell current versions of software on disc anywhere in the world so they can sell only subscriptions. The European Union can no longer say they have to supply discs as they are not available anywhere.

Users now only pay for what they use.

Ross Blair
Children