Grayscale objects become CMYK after exporting to eps

Hi guys,

I need to export an illustration from CorelDraw X3 to EPS format. I converted some objects to CMYK, and others to Grayscale. I did this using the find and replace option. Everything went fine according to the document info: my document contains only CMYK and Grayscale fills and outlines.

However, when I export the document to EPS, my EPS contains only CMYK objects. I checked this with Enfocus Pitstop. All grayscale objects have been converted to CMYK, and will consequently be printed using composite colors instead of pure black. This is not what I want.

How can I export an EPS in such a way that also the Grayscale objects remain true Grayscale?

Many thanks in advance!

Herman

Parents
No Data
  • May I inquire as to the thought process as to why you would have considered CMYK and then grayscale for print? I canunderstnfgCMYK and then a percentage of K only for gray or even an percentage of CMY.  I am having trouble getting my mind around the use of grayscale.

The conversion of the grayscale to CMY or CMYKvaluse is most likely caused by leaving the apply ICC profile check box checked.  Un check it and the grayscale items should convert to a build of K only.

Children