Reduce nodes feature

Hi,

I use this feature often, but I'm not sure I fully understand it, because I don't know what the number setting (1-100) refers to, and I can't find an explanation of it in "help".

Usually I'll select all the nodes in an object and move the slider to the right until I can get as many nodes to disappear as it will let me. (I don't worry so much about distorting the object because I like to do the final shaping manually using as few nodes as possible...) and I find that at a certain point on the scale it won't reduce further, so at that point I remove the remaining unwanted nodes by hand.

My question is, does the 1-100 scale refer to the percentage of nodes that are removed, and what's the reason it won't go beyond a certain percentage?

Sometimes when I power trace a bitmap there are so many nodes that i spend too much time getting rid of them all...It would be nice if I could get the "reduce nodes" feature to remove more.

Parents
  • neil said:
    Sometimes when I power trace a bitmap there are so many nodes that i spend too much time getting rid of them all...It would be nice if I could get the "reduce nodes" feature to remove more.

One of the macros in this commercial package allow you to reduce nodes on numerous complex shapes at once such as clipart, where there are too many nodes. Even works on shapes inside groups!

You can define the Threshold in the VBA Editor. This allows you to decide how aggressive the algorithm should be.

There is also an related addition to smooth nodes on multiple shapes at once too. As Paul explained, the shapes will have reduced nodes, but can also change in appearance by becoming .. smoother. ;-)

Reply Children
No Data