creating a grid

I am a novice user. I have a need to create various grids to demonstrate sales concepts.

Here are my variables.

1. Pitch. The distance from the center of one dot to the center of another dot

2. Pixels. Each Dot can contain from 1 to n dots within it.

3. I would like to enter a value for the pitch...i.e. 20mm, and then a value for the number of Dots tall (rows) and the number of Dots wide (columns). i.e. 48 rows/dots tall/high and 144 columns/dots wide.

4. I would like to create a rectangle i.e. 4'x8' and populate the dots within the rectangle.

I have a spreadsheet that calculates the number of dots in each column and the number of dots in each row. to fill a given rectangle. I am trying to figure out how to translate the results of that excel formula into a corel grid that can provide me with a scale drawing.

If this request is something I should hire a consultant for and/or is out of the realm of this forum please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.

-mike 

Parents
No Data
  • Mcollins756 said:

1. Pitch. The distance from the center of one dot to the center of another dot

2. Pixels. Each Dot can contain from 1 to n dots within it.

3. I would like to enter a value for the pitch...i.e. 20mm, and then a value for the number of Dots tall (rows) and the number of Dots wide (columns). i.e. 48 rows/dots tall/high and 144 columns/dots wide.

4. I would like to create a rectangle i.e. 4'x8' and populate the dots within the rectangle.

I have a spreadsheet that calculates the number of dots in each column and the number of dots in each row. to fill a given rectangle. I am trying to figure out how to translate the results of that excel formula into a corel grid that can provide me with a scale drawing.

The Grid

You can, also, create a grid using the Step and Repeat docker.

Draw a square to be the grid unit, set its width, which demonstrates the "Pitch".

Use the Step and Repeat docker to create 143 copies of the square, and distribute them horizontally with 0 spacing. Now you have one row with 144 columns. Create 47 copies of the row, and distribute them vertically. See the image below.

To "fill a given rectangle"

1. Draw one
    2. Modify its width and height
    3. Place it over the grid

If you want to hide what extends beyond the rectangle, you can create a PowerClip; place the grid inside the rectangle (container).

1.      Select the grid

2.      Go to Effects >> PowerClip >> Place Inside Container

3.      Click the rectangle (container)

See Also, from CorelDRAW X3 Help

1. "To create copies of an object at a specified position" under "Working with objects" / "Copying, duplicating, and deleting objects"
    2. "Creating PowerClip objects" under "Shaping objects"
    3. "Setting the drawing scale" under "Working with pages and layout tools"

Notes

1. You can modify the grid unit, like adding sub divisions (if that what you mean by Pixels), before Step and Repeat.
    2. After you create the grid from squares, you can select and group all the squares (Arrange >> Group (Ctrl+G)).
    3. If you have a lot of grids, they may overload your machine. You may need to separate them into different files.

Please let us know how things turn out.

Children
No Data