Removing "Stand Off" screws...

Hi,

I have finally decided on a monitor.  My first Samsung was defective, so I returned it.  I went with a Dell, which was blurry.  I went back ot a Samsung because the picture quality, was, hands down, the best.

Anyway, because I've changed monitors several times, I know for certain, that I've left the "Stand Off" screws in the computer. 

The hookup cable is definitely VGA.

Adrian, you win a prize...you were right when you answered my question in a previous post.  Good jobSmile

Adrian:  "There is a possibility that when you detached the old monitor you probably unscrewed the "Stand Off" screws as well...

can you verify that these are still attached?

Graphic Artist & Pre-Press Tech."

Anyone know how to get these out??  Adrian?

Thanks!!!

Patty

Parents
No Data
  • Patty Powers said:
    Anyone know how to get these out??

I started answering how to remove them, but ... actually I think you don't want to do that. Those spacers are intended to stay where they are, they are not intended to come out with the cable (but they frequently do, and that is what yours seems to have done).

Anyway, it is the two that stayed on the end of the cable that you need to remove, not the ones in the computer. To do that, grip the spacer with a pair of pliers and at the same time unscrew the knurled knob that you would normally use to secure the cable into the computer.

Children