Artistic Media and Scale Factor

I've got a few questions maybe someone has some answers to...

Regarding Artistic Media:

Presets: There is a kink in every one of them. Is there some way they can begin and end smoothly rather than have all these bends in them? Unless of course they're specifically designed for a use other than what I'm trying to achieve.

Brushes: Most objects I touch on with the artistic brush can be saved as such but sometimes the 'save' button doesn't let you save. ???

Sprayer: Where is the 'make new spraylist' button? I can add to an existing list but not make new! I know there is a 'save' icon for creating new ones but it doesn't work. Or rather, if it did at one time I can't remember how long ago- true for version 10 too.
The 'dabs/spacing of objects to be sprayed' doesn't make sense either. It's in inches only and I want to work in pixels or centimeters. It also doesn't show the values: I can type .5 but it won't show .5- just goes back to 1. Is there any way to set the values to pixels?

Pen Pressure: the icon indicates that it should look like a brush stroke; a pointed start finishing off bluntly but in truth it starts and ends bluntly- is there a way to get it pointy to begin with? Actually, this feature barely works- I get very little variation in line width at all. Is it possibly that I just have a crummy tablet?

Custom media strokes are saved in 'application data' by default. It would be nice if this could be changed. ???

One more question regarding 'scale factor': what is that all about? I've been dickering around with various objects and sometimes scale shows 100% for certain objects while other identically sized objects have maybe 70% or (very often) the two values are different for width and height (pertaining to scale). How is this supposed to work?

Any answers are appreciated. And I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to all who helped me out with issues at the user groups which I am hopeless with- I have no idea why my name was 'user@domain.invalid' lol