Transform Each Macro

This is a macro I've been working on for a few days, what it does is it applies the selected transformation to each one of the selected objects individually. It rotates, scales and flips in both axes. I'm not a programmer and my experience with VBA is very limited, please report comments and or bugs to this thread and I'll review it in my spare time. Maybe one of the more experienced programmers wants to give it a boost. I think this is a simple but useful workaround to the fact that Corel doesn't have a native command that does this.

TransformEach.gms
Parents
  •  This it how it works, it's pretty simple, just select several objects that you wish to transform individually and run the macro. A dialog box will open and it has three sliders, the first one is for rotation and the other two are for stretching, there are reset buttons that will set the rotation back to zero and the stretching back to 100%, there are also two buttons that flip the objects horizontally and vertically, clicking the two of them is the same than rotating 180 degrees.

*IMPORTANT*

Even though this is a modeless dialog box (it stays open and it will let you work like a docker does) the resizing function math is based on the size of the original selection and it captures this size when the form initializes, so stretching a different array without closing and reopening will probably give unexpected results, the other functions will work just fine.

Again, I'm not a programmer and I developed this tool for personal use but I post it here hoping that somebody will make suggestions and/or help develop it into a more robust tool until Corel decides that it's time to provide its users with a native tool that does the same.

This idea came to me after I spent several hours drawing scales on a fish template to be cut by a router and my boss decided that the scales were too small and asked me if I could just select them all and enlarge them based on their individual centers without having to go one by one. He said: "it would be really stupid if this program doesn't let you do that". When he was not looking I saved the drawing as a PDF and opened it in Illustrator and did it there and then opened it back in Corel. The things I have to do to save Corel's face!!! 

Reply Children