Regarding GIF images

I tried to create a new image in corel paintshop pro xi.  The settings i gave is 72 pixels width and 72 pixels height and 100 pixels per inch.  I finished my image and saved it as gif.  From windows explorer  i right clicked the image and saw the advanced properties, I am able to see 96 dots per inch is set. But when i see the properties of  images that are  taken from cannon camera it's show as 180 dots per inch. 

1.I had set 100 pixels per inch in paintshoppro xi but it's showing as 96 dotsper inch.. Why is it so?

2.Also for camera images alone why it's not changing 96dpi

Parents
No Data
  • The only relevant measurement of an image is the pixel x pixel value, depending on the application you open the image in it might assign a linear value like pixel per inch to the image.  If you have a 100 x 100 pixel image and you display it on a 100DPI monitor you will see a 1 inch square image, if you display the same image on a 50DPI monitor then your image will be two inches square. If your image is to be displayed on the internet then you only have to worry about the pixel x pixel dimension, if you print then you will need a image large enough to support about 300DPI at the size you like your image to be.

Children