File naming script

Hi,

I have been using corel Draw since version 2 but never had a need for scripts and subsequently know little to nothing about how to write them. I can and do now use the record script function but need to get a bit more sophisticated!

I recently started doing a lot of Video production for which I use a power mac and Final Cut Studio but as I am so familiar with Corel Draw I keep a dedicated PC just for any graphics I want to use in my video then export them to my Mac. (I know I should move over to Adobe Photoshop but I'm finding it difficult to dump Corel after such a long love affair!)

Being video ( 25 frames per second ) I  sometimes create a huge quatity of images and need to batch manage them.

I have searched for, but failed to find, any information on how to write a script that sequentialy names a batch of files. For example, I have a small project I am working on at the moment, 350 jpg images that I apply a number of identical colour corrections to then need to save with new file names.

I record my colour correction alterations in a script which I can apply to each image but then have to manually rename each of the images because I don't know how to get Photo-Paint scripts to name them for example 'image 0001.jpg, 'image 0002.jpg', 'image 0003.jpg'  etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,.

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data