Need Help Trimming with Letters please

I am trying to use letters inside a photo and trim those letters out so that the photo has transparent letters inside.

I weld the text together. Select the text then select the photo and choose Arrange - Trim. It does trim but for some reason it is trimming way inside the outline area and not actually trimming the outline. Please help explain what I am doing wrong... THANK YOU!

Here is my photo. I would like the trimming to be closer to the black outline.

Parents
No Data
  • TMarie,

1. Double check the thickness of your outline (you can double click the outline tool at the bottom right corner to do this). Quite frankly, your outline looks too thick to me but this is not clear because of your background colour)
    2. If everything is correct as you want it to be:
    a) convert your text to curves (ctrl Q or right click and choose or from top menu). Once you do this you will not be able to edit the text at a later date as it will be a vector image and no longer have text options. But you can ctrl Z (undo) in the same session.
    b) again select your text and "convert outline to object" (I think these options are under "object"; in older corel versions under "arrange") --- this will allow you to treat the outline of the object as a separate object.
    3. NOW: select your outline and other object to use "TRIM".

Good Luck,
    Safia
Children
No Data