HELP on Transparent Backgrounds please - Corel Photo-Paint 10!

Hi Everybody

Many thanks to all of you who wrote posts on this topc.  I am using CorelDraw/Photo-Paint 10 and haven't used it for 2 years and can't find my manual.  I have read all these posts and followed as best as I can, but I must be missing something.  I am putting together a publication in PageMaker and need to have certain graphics floating - ie: transparent backgound - and am driving myself nuts to the point where I can't think straight anymore.  I know it is basic, and feel really dumb asking this, but time is pressuring me - so here goes.  Could someone please list (step-by-step for a dummy) as to how to go about this, including what to do with the file once the transparent background is achieved, ie: do I save as, export and what format.  I would be very grateful.

Thankyou in anticipation.

Maria Hancock

• Transparency is supported in several formats. Gif, Tiff, PNG. 

Gif is limited to 256 Color images and PNG is still not robustly supported. Tiff is the file of choice for bitmaps with transparency that must interface with a large variety of software.

In order to have a Tiff File become transparent, you must have an object which is contained within a mask.  Objects within the mask are visible and outside the mask are invisible.

You can save as, or export to achieve a file that 'floats'.