How to make the background transparent in photo paint x3

Hi, I just bough coreldraw x3 graphics suite, and I was wondering how to make the background transparent.  Any help would be appreciated!

Parents
  • My favorite method is to duplicate the image using the CTRL D short cut. This creates a duplicate of your image on a separate object. You can then delete or make invisible (Click the little eyeball) the background object and you will be left with a 'floating' copy named Object 1. There are several methods from here.

1. Using your eraser tool to remove the unwanted pieces of the image (Tough to go back from here)

2. Mask the area you want and use the <Object><Create><Object:Cut(or Copy)From Selection> This creates an Object 2 that is your desired object with a transparent background (Better but creates additional layers-on the plus side you can go back)

3. On your duplicated Object 1, select the thumnail with your mask and right click. Select Create Clip Mask <From Object Transparency> This will create a little white box next to your icon. If you select the white box a red outline will appear. By painting black or white or shades of gray onto your image while the clip mask is selected you can reveal or conceal the background without altering the underlying image. If you make a mistake, paint back in the image with the opposite color. (This is my preferred method as it requires no destruction of the image and can always be undone in the original CPT File)

4 Begin in draw and create a shape around  your bitmap where you want to 'cut' it out. PowerClip the bitmap inside the shape you drew and export with a transparent background.

RIkk

Reply Children
No Data