CF or xD for new camera?

While I await delivery of my new camera, i was just thinking if there is any merit in going for CF over xD for memory cards. Ive ordered a 1GB xD card to get me started, but as the camera also accepts CF is it a better option? As for the connectivity, either CF or xD is fine for the transfer of images as I have media readers for both.

Andy

Parents
No Data
  • I recently changed from a camera that had a CF card to one with an xD card format... I didn't notice any difference, except in the size of the card (xD is easier to loose). I would not choose my camera based on the card format, much more on the features of the camera itself. It also depends if you have a previous camera that has one of the two formats and you have previous cards available. Not sure if there is a huge price difference. You might want to check a site such as http://dpreview.com for more information to choose your camera. One thing to check though is that the card(s) you purchase is (are) as fast as possible... this makes a huge difference, especially when shooting in RAW.

Gérard

Children