Results of last night's image-editing software poll.

I had the opportunity to speak to 46 photographers last night at the Minneapolis Photographic Society. As I often do when speaking, I take a show of hands poll to gauge the crowd's software leanings so that I can speak in the most common terms for the room.

Last night's results:

Photoshop:34

Elements: 6

PSP: 4 

Other: 1

When I asked the gentleman who was other what he used, he replied "Gimp" . I would have to say that this has been pretty representative of my finding among serious amatuers and professionals. I mentioned to the group that most of the images they were seeing during the presentation were prepared by PhotoPaint and asked if any had heard of it.  One person asked if it was the program Painter.  Pretty sobering but not surprising.

Parents
  • Interesting feedback Rikk, thank you for sharing. I am surprised how small the number for PSP is, especially as it has a long history in Minneapolis. An other interesting point of data was published last year by InfoTrends (a leading reasearch company in the digital imaging space) of photo-editing software usage in Western Europe... and there PHOTO-PAINT was a lot higher (even higher than PS in Germany)... but then again, it was not specifically a research done to the pro photographers market, much more the general users of Photo-Editing software. 

Gérard

Reply Children