Ventra 8 on Windows 7x64--converting vps to??

Yes, I know Ventura 8 isn't going to run on Wondows 7 satisfactorily (neither does Ventura 10, from what I gathered). I am having to run VP8 in a VM and while that is marginally acceptable...no problems except inconvenience...I wish I didn't.

So...my question is...is there any program that will convert .vp files into something that is compatible with other more viable desktop publishing software? I'd just like the formatting and the embedded photos and illustrations to be preserve (of course, now that I think of it what other DP accepts cdr's? or even cmx's?)

Parents
  • Nothing converts any DTP format to another.

V10 runs quite well on Win7, but takes a couple tricks to install:

We used to have separate (slightly simpler) instructions for installation on Vista 32-bit systems. However, those instructions failed about 10% of the time, and these instructions seem to work consistently on all versions of Vista. And they work for Win7 as well.

Ventura 10 Installation on Win 7/Vista Systems
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Insert V10 CD and navigate to the root folder on it.

2. Right click on SETUP32.EXE on the CD and choose Properties.

3. Set compatibility to XP and check the "Run as Administrator" box.

4. Double click SETUP32.EXE to launch the installation and install normally.

5. When installation is complete, copy \System32\Redist\MS\System\mfc42.dll from the CD to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Ventura10\Programs\ folder.

6. In the C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Ventura10\Programs\ folder, right click on VENTURA.EXE and choose Properties.

7. Set the compatibility to Win 2000 compatibility and save this option.

8. Right click on VENTURA.EXE again and choose "Run as Administrator".

9. Exit V10 after it has completely launched.

10. Right click on VENTURA.EXE again and choose Properties.

11. Turn off compatibility and save this option.

12. V10 should now run normally.

13. (optional) On Win7 systems with high-res displays, sometimes when moving/sizing dockers and frames, they appear to be way to the left of where they actually are. They are fine once the operation is complete, but it can be disconcerting. Also, Ventura dialog boxes may seem mis-sized. In either case, it you go to the compatibility options and check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings, it seems to help both these issues.

This should work. I have tested it on two systems so far and got Ventura running on both. On one DBP was installed with Ventura and the other DBP was installed after Ventura. I have not tested fully Database Publisher yet. Have fun and good luck. Thanks to Barry Heil for the missing link.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, you may want to see the following articles:
    Index sorted incorrectly (Vista/Win7)
    OTF fonts won't print (Win7 x64)
Reply Children
No Data