Has the EULA agreement for CorelDRAW 2018 Suite changed with regards to the number of devices that it can be installed on per license?

We are a current subscriber using the X8 suite. According to the EULA, we are allowed to install the suite on up to 3 devices as long as only one copy is in use at a time. We have desktops at our shop and some laptops for working on projects at home when necessary.

We just received an email saying that we were allowed to upgrade to the 2018 Suite, but when installing on the second device, I received a warning about installing on multiple devices, and upon reading the EULA for the 2018 suite, it appears that we are now only allowed to install on one device per license. Is this true?

I just want to make sure we aren't doing anything in violation of the EULA and will stop changing over the software if that is the case.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
  • Well, I think the change of EULA for the 2018 Suite might well turn out to be an unfortunate decision by Corel; especially due to how it may affect the myriad of micro business customers like us out there. I am not happy about this and I don't think I'll be the only one.

I am one part of a two person team only.  I spend most of my time using Corel Draw and web design whereas my partner mainly works on large publication work (mainly using ID).  The problem I have is that I need to be able to continue my work in three physical locations i.e. main studio, print/production room and laser cutting/finishing room.  Part of the reason I have used Corel software in the past is that the EULA allowed this flexibility although, this was trimmed down to two locations in the last release, which in itself was annoying.

I think the only course of action now that the EULA has been changed is to stay with the 2017 Suite and cancel the previously purchased 'Upgrade Program', as the latter will only leave me with incompatible software levels across my machines.  I certainly cannot afford to purchase 3 copies of the same program just to keep the program updated across my machines and neither should I have to!  

Children