CorelDRAW Upgrades are Ending!???????????????!!!!!!!!!!

Got an email to purchase 2019 upgrade and it's also stating upgrades are ending???  Is it going the dreaded "subscription" (rent, never own) model?!

After reading the many bugs and problems with 2019, very reluctant to move on to that one.  I'd hate to purchase that 2019 upgrade and they leave it to die and NEVER fix it, but force me to SUBSCRIPTION after they take my money.

CorelDRAW Upgrades are Ending!

Now is your last chance to upgrade to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019. Later this year, upgrades will no longer be available.

Parents Reply
  • The program is $99 per year AFTER you pay $199 for the latest upgrade. So it’s really $298 up front to join, then $99 for each new release afterwards. Roughly $300 now and another $100 next April when version 2020 is released.

It seems to be some confusion. According with the Corel web:

https://www.coreldraw.com/en/pages/upgrade/

If you pay $199 for the annual subscription, you don't need to pay anything more, nor the Protection Upgrade. When a new version is released, you can update without paying anything extra, only the $ 199 per year

The other option is for who buy the program. It is not mandatory, if you do not update every year you may not need it. 

Let's do some calculations. If you buy the full version, the program costs $ 669. With the previous system, the following year you should pay $ 329 for the update. That adds up to a thousand dollars. Now they offer you upgrade for $ 99 instead of $ 329. That adds up to $ 768 instead of a thousand. Does it seem bad to you?

Suppose you buy this version, then update for two more versions (ie 2021/2022), in the previous system it would be $ 669 + $ 329 + $ 329 + $ 329 = $ 1656 (I don't know how many times you can update the program, but suppose you can buy it once and update indefinitely). With the new system, it would be $ 669 + $ 99 + 99 +99 = $ 966.

The other alternative is that you already have the program (for example, 2018). The update costs $ 329, if you upgrade for two more versions (ie 2021/2022), in the previous system it would be $ 329x3 = $ 987. With the new system, it would be $ 329 + $ 99 + 99 +99 = $ 626. Yes, the first year will cost you $ 99 more expensive, but by the second year you will have saved money (99 + 99 = $ 198 instead of $ 329)

Naturally, I understand the protests of some users, since they have an earlier version and do not want to upgrade to the 2019 version.

Children