Printable Area

Now that I am getting fairly adept at basic Corel Draw designing - I have a couple of nagging issues that I want to follow up on.

I asked this question last year. (paraphrasing) ..... Can I select on object outside the print page and print it out by using the "print selection" option in the dialogue box.

The answer I got was no.  

A lot of my preliminary artwork is in CMYK.  After I am done the final artwork is in RGB and I move it to the print page to print.

I usually select everything on the print page and hit the "print selection only" option in the dialogue box.  This seems to load the image faster and prints faster.

If I forget to hit the "print selection only" option and it defaults to the "print page" or print document" option ...  I always get  a warning in the print preview pane "your drawing has CMYK colors in it.

This is true if the printer is reading the entire workbook page - but if it can only print what is on the printable page (RGB only) - then why is it scanning the entire workspace and picking up the CMYK colors?

Or I can ask it this way - why does the coreldraw printer driver scan the entire workbook when it can only print what is on the printable page? 

The other nagging question - I can't seem to get the outline tool to default to RGB.... it always defalutls to CMYK and I have to go to the RGB color palette and right click to get the outline color to RGB.  Bugs the hell out of me so any help there is also appreciated.

dmyster

Parents Reply
  • When you follow your instructions all items rush to one desktop layer, now AGAIN your have to sort through all the crap.

Which is exactly how it worked prior to 2019 where everything ended up on the Desktop layer after switching page or saving.
    So what do you expect?

Then you get the guy who somehow gets his desktop object 23 feet off center. First off what an unorganized process that created that.

You know what David, this is exactly what can happen with the old desktop mode when we use pages of different size.
    An object is dragged outside page 1, and when switching to the much larger page 2 the object is moved to the Desktop layer and also to a position outside the page frame of page 2.
    As we switch back to page 1, the object may be 23 feet off the page and outside the visible area, and a potential future problem.

Let's not forget how much of a pain in the a$$ is it moving objects between pages in keep objects on layer mode. Sure it's OK if you have a few pages but once the page tabs are full it SUCKS! So Corel made this the default. AWFUL!

With only a few pages, drag via page tab and drop. Easy.
    With lots of pages, select object, move to Desktop layer in Objects docker, switch page. Rather easy too.
    Or why not use copy/cut and paste?
    There could be a button in Objects docker though, "Move to Desktop layer", that would be helpful.

In keep desktop objects on layer mode they simply need to be tagged for page and layer.

When "Keep Desktop Objects on Layer" is enabled, they stay on their pages and layers and they do not need to be tagged.
    Would be nice though if they remembered where they came from if or when they are moved to the Desktop layer, regardless of desktop mode.

In multipage size mode keep desktop objects on layer as the, only operational mode.

So you are suggesting a confusing exception to justify the illogical behavior of objects jumping between layers without the user actually moving them???

The 2019 cycle saw ALL my remaining corporate Draw users move to Adobe.

Even though I doubt this happened only because of the new default mode for how objects outside the drawing area are treated, I'm pretty sure you did your best to explain to them how this new way would ruin their files and cost them thousands of dollars.

It was a change, yes, but I guess the majority didn't even notice, and the users who did either weren't affected, found how to switch back, or simply saw the benefits of objects staying were they were put.
    Then there may be a few who only see problems piling up, and refuse to see how it actually works and how to work around eventual issues. One or two. 

We've been through all this before David, and I've wasted too much time already so this will be my final post regarding this matter (for now? )

Children