Why is the new version of trace soooooo slooooowwwwwwwww????

Ever since they changed the trace engine in Corel, it's been incredibly slow.  Trace used to be wicked fast in EVERY other version of the program going back to the beginning.  I am not sure how or why, but they seem to have swapped out the excellent trace engine they had before and replaced it with one that is abysmally slow.  It's so awful that I won't even use it anymore.  Here is an example that just happened:

Black and white image.  No fades, no effects, just solid black on a white background.  It was a 2-bit file (B&W).  Should be a slam dunk 10 second task to trace it, right??  Well not in CorelDRAW 2022.  It literally took 7 minutes to trace it.  I'm not kidding.  7 minutes and change.  I had enough time to take the same image, start up CorelDRAW 2019, import the image, trace it AND export the file ... and there was still 4 and a half minutes left in the trace progress of 2022!!!  I'm dead serious.  A version of the software that is 3 years older did the same thing (just as high quality too) in less than half the time as the new version.  How is that even possible?  Software should get faster and more efficient...not slower and unusable.

How did that ever make it out of development???  Did NOBODY even bother to test it?  What the hell is the problem?  The new trace engine does NOT do a better job of tracing files than previous versions, so what did they do to make it so bloody slow?  What possible justification is there for such a stupid move on Corel's part???

• It is the most unusable option in CorelDraw. The speed and accuracy took a real dump in version 24.5.0.731

• I trace 2 bit mono files up to 25k x 25k pixels in Trace v12 and never have to wait more than 30 seconds for the Trace to complete. IF you are tracing monchorme files get yourself a copy of CDGS v12, it runs on Windows 11 (with compatbility settings) a little buggily but it works.

I have long argued that Trace has got worse ever since v12. If I want to convert a really big lineart drawing to fillable areas, I can do it inside a minute with excellent results . Select > Export to bmp> Tracev12> Outline Trace> Save Trace> Back to Draw > Import CMX