Can't link to Photopaint with "Edit Bitmap" in Draw.

This began after several crashes of Draw while I was trying to work with a very complex EPS file. It was actually beyond the capability of Draw and Draw told me so with several crashes. No other problems manifested themselves and I finally solved the problem using Adobe AI.

Working with Draw again I noticed that  when I selected a bitmap I had in my project the menu bar did not offer "Edit Bitmap" any more, just "Trace Bitmap". I thought at first that perhaps the Bitmap I had chosen was not a "real" bitmap, merely an "object" and that's why it wasn't registering. But since then (two days) I have not been able to shift over to Corel PP with "edit Bitmap" with any bitmap at all. I have to copy everything back and forth to accomplish that.

Any ideas? Did I shake something loose when it crashed?  Should I re-install the whole d**ned thing? Uuunnnghhh! And if I do, how exactly do I save the desktop arrangements and set-up that I have? I mean menu bars and so forth. That's such a pain to do over and at least this time it occurred to me BEFORE I uninstalled.

Hoping for help from you guys, thank you in advance.

Oh yes. Win 10 Home. With Corel Draw Suite x8  Home & Student  Build 18.1.0.690

Parents
No Data
  • Disclosure: I don't know all of the differences between the full version of CorelDRAW and the Home & Student version.

If I wanted some chance of saving / restoring all or part of my workspace, then I would start by making sure that I had a safe copy of that workspace. Does the Home & Student version have that capability?

Some things can be remedied by using Uninstall/Change to start the Setup, then performing a "Repair".

Children
  • Good Morning! Thanks for taking the time. In response to your first remark about the difference between Full Version and Home and Student version, I cannot resist answering with "About 500 Euros."

But, to get to the point:
    In my Options "Workspace" is not in the list, so apparently the ability to save the Workspace is one of the differences. So I guess I'll have to do it all over again.

I strongly suspect that the missing "edit Bitmap" is not a question of a changed setting, and that the only solution is trying the "repair" option with the original disc. If that doesn't work I'll just have to reinstall. I'll try first "over" the old one, but probably will have to uninstall and install new. 

Must first back up all "user content" like patterns and such. Also VERY carefully do the uninstall. Last time (uninstalling a Corel H&S x7) I uninstalled my Font Navigator as well and went through a very stressed few hours finding it again on an older X5 CD and then locating the serial number. Whew! And BTW, I think that is another difference, the Corel Font Manager does not seem to be in the installation of X8 H&S.

I'll post when I'm done. And thank you for the advice.