HELP with a Macro or Script to automate Replace Text

I need help with a Macro that will allow me to replace text throughout a document. There are several text areas that need replacing... each with different 'place holder' text and requiring different text to be inserted. Currently I have four such place holders. For example:
1. *COMPANY* is replaced with the Company Name
2. *ADDRESS* is replaced with the Address
3. *CONTACT* is replaced with the Customers Name... etc.

I can't get this to work with the built-in record Macro function as it will not record the 'Replace Text' function in Corel. I cannot use Mail Merge as I need to pause between each set of changes (all text changes can be made at once) but I need to change colors and art prior to printing.

Does anyone know how I can do this?
I am willing to pay for assistance.

thanks... Charles

Parents
No Data
  • Tarzan said:
    I cannot use Mail Merge as I need to pause between each set of changes (all text changes can be made at once) but I need to change colors and art prior to printing.

I'd do something like this with Mail merge and merge to new document, a new feature in X4. then you can change colors or anything as required while still in Coreldraw before printing.

With X3, you can try to output to device independent PS file and then re-import that, even imposed files created using Draw's print engine.

note that merge fields can be any color and the inserted text will adopt.

how many companies are you trying to merge/replace?

Children