Is this forum dead or what?

I would think with at great photo editor like PhotoPaint there would be more 'Photo' chatter.

Parents
  • I would love to do some color correcting, color management stuff however color critical discussions need much more serious resolution and calibration.  Then we can seperate the technical from the artistic.  You see a few thing in the design forum.

Here I'll post two examples of live work, first the original converted to sRGB for web viewing and the second corrected. Proplem being is that many users don't have calibrated systems nor ambient views conditions control to see thing properly.

The problem with most photographic discussion is that some people just don't take constructive critical comments well, let's face it we like what we like and there are in many cases no right or wrong in artistic intepretation just opinions so I don't understand why som people get such a thin skin about it.

Now o nth eother hand there are such things as proper and improper technical procedures, such as camera profiles and RAWS conversions, in many cases these have clear right and wrong, however even a wron procedure can be uad for an artistic outcome.

Reply Children