PhotoPaint and the Glam Retouch

Make sure you click on the image to see it full size.

Parents
  • Brian said:
    what are the main features you like to use in PSP

You may have guessed this but as you know color is something that I'm doodling with so the features I'm looking at first have to do with color.  BTW color management in PSP X3 is application based because it's geared toward home users but you easily get IDENTICAL DISPLAY  in Photo-PAINT X5 or older, PhotoShop 7 or later and PSP X3.

I don't want to bull$hit you PSP X3 is a $100 tool and as that a damn fine one but guys like you and me will need both PSP X3 and PP X5 and since one of my Christmas presents to the family is scanning some old family photos and framing a few but providing print sheets of many others having the TWO TOOLS has improved my satisfaction wit the end results.  Some of the tools in PSP X3 are not real sophisticated in their appearance but they are geared toward simplistic use, but a user with a calibrated display can get some fine results, some not obtainable without PSP X3, some not obtainable without PP X5 and some not obtainable without having both.

Under the adjust menu

Color / channel mixer - fade correction (is real nice for old pics)  and then red green blue

brightness contrast has many available sub menus  the curves are not as sophisticated as PP.

Hue and saturation has colorize (?) hue saturation and lightness is nice, v ibrancy is a bit lacking as I believe you shouldhave that and saturation in the same dialog and the hue map is weird to ge tused to but with some exploration it becomes a quick fix for BAD SNAP SHOTS.

There are a tone of features and I mean a ton such as smooth skin, red eye removal (which I think works better than PP) digital noise removal.  IMO for $100 it's a no brainer just get it.

• Reply Children