Need advice on producing a clear reproduction

I am a huge newbi  !   I am trying to reproduce a tachometer guage face from a photograph. and have been very successful.  The problem I have run into i that the thin hash lines that are angled still have jagged edges. 

I first took the photo and did the line path thing in Corel Photo Paint. I used the marker to blacken the background and did some other things to clean up picture. I then exported it to a vector thing in Corel Draw. I rebuilt the edges and shapes over many hours, including numbers from the text options. I have to say it really looks great except when I zoom it out to the approximate size I will need it, some of the angled lines get jaged. I exported the image to JPEG and the same thing.  I tried the smoothing thing, I zoomed it up as far as it would go and cant get it clean. No Matter what I do, If I draw an angled line, it is jaged. Is there any help on this?

Much thanks.

Parents
  • Tools to quickly start reducing anchor points, I suggest start looking at: Go to the Toolbox in CorelDRAW. Look for the smooth toolS.  And the mentioned Shape tool, select anchor points with shape tool, and delete with delete button on the keyboard. You can also select image and use the reduce nodes =anchor points, in the property bar.

Reply Children