Does I use wacom intuos with corelDraw ?

Can i use Wacom Intous Art for corel draw x3 to x7 vector work, as I am planning to purchase one because using traditional mouse increasing my wrist pain. My main work in corelDraw is designing hoardings, Visiting cards and other promotional materials. I need feedback who work with this. And if possible please upload your working video while using pen tab. For me its a big investment and I don't want to waste my money. Please help and suggest.

Parents Reply
  • I have been using the same Wacom Intous 2 pad for many versions including the new 2018. Works fine here. Why draw with a brick when you can use a pen.

Well, because the brick is better suited to some tasks than the stylus.  Actually, the first time I ever used a stylus it was for the reason as mentioned above.  To save my wrist.  Nowadays all of my devices are stylus enabled.  But I don't try to replace the mouse with a stylus.  If my wrist becomes a problem, I'm going to probably try to find one of these other types of mice with a track ball or something like that.  But my point was that the mouse is certainly better at some activities than a stylus.  The main reason is simple.  The mouse rests on the table and the pointer becomes perfectly stationary because of that.  But if you're using a stylus, you're hovering it over some target, and it is not stationary.  It also typically has latency.  So, it's hovering, and moving around, which makes it harder and take longer to hit a target.  The same is true of moving a target to a specific position.  The mouse will move it and stop in a stationary way.  If you're hovering, you move your hand to the new position and stop...best you can.  But it's hovering, and moving around, plus latency.

The stylus excels at drawing.  The mouse excels at precision.

Children