CorelDraw 2022 Shuts down randomly

Aside from the import PDF font issue I have been happy.

However for unknown reasons CorelDraw will just close with no warning at all - poof it's gone. I say randomly because sometimes it closes for no particular function I happen to be doing. It could be resizing an object, duplicating one, moving it etc. The program doesn't freeze first...it just disappears. 

I use CorelDRAW everyday for work and before I begin I reboot the PC for a fresh start.

It's a DELL 9020 i7-4790 CPU 3.60-3.90GHz with 32G Ram - 600W power supply and a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G 192-bit GDDR6 Graphics card.

It got to the point where I set autosave for one minute.

It would be very useful for CorelDRAW to have a crash report as this would be valuable to the developers to see why its crashes instead of "it crashes".

Parents
  • I've had crashes like that happen to me before with CorelDRAW 2022. Thankfully such crashes are relatively rare. They happen on my personal notebook and work desktop maybe once every few days. Both machines are relatively new (less than a year old) and are pretty well equipped.

On the other hand I have these other kinds of crashes that happen pretty much on a daily basis. I'll be working along and then the application just stops updating the activity on the screen. I can click on an object but the selection dots don't pop up around it. Or I can try moving the object and nothing happens on the screen. The menu functions still work. I can save my progress. But when I try to close down the application in order to re-launch it the little "X" in the upper right corner of the window does nothing when clicked. I have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up Task Manager and end the CorelDRAW process in order to shut down the application. When I re-launch the application it has no memory of the previous session. In the File>Open menu the list of recently opened files is from 2 or more sessions back. 

Reply Children
No Data