CorelDraw 2022 Shuts down randomly

Aside from the import PDF font issue I have been happy.

However for unknown reasons CorelDraw will just close with no warning at all - poof it's gone. I say randomly because sometimes it closes for no particular function I happen to be doing. It could be resizing an object, duplicating one, moving it etc. The program doesn't freeze first...it just disappears. 

I use CorelDRAW everyday for work and before I begin I reboot the PC for a fresh start.

It's a DELL 9020 i7-4790 CPU 3.60-3.90GHz with 32G Ram - 600W power supply and a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G 192-bit GDDR6 Graphics card.

It got to the point where I set autosave for one minute.

It would be very useful for CorelDRAW to have a crash report as this would be valuable to the developers to see why its crashes instead of "it crashes".

Parents
No Data
  • I have no solution but I wanted to report my observations over the last several months.  My system is an i9, ASUS mainboard, 64GB of RAM, 8GB NVidia with a Samsung SSD. I religiously do my Windows updates by that I mean first thing everyday when I sit at the system and if I have a big break and then an afternoon session I do them again.

What I have noticed (by accident) is that when working my usual workflow the my desktop icons will lose the shortcut arrow on them, display an X instead of the arrow or nothing where the arrow should be. 

I accidentally noticed that when this anomaly occurs my applications develop odd behavior, this may happen once a day or once a week however closing the apps and rebooting Windows resolves it, for many hours or even days. For me this odd behavior manifests itself in Draw when working with type and in Photo-PAINT when applying additional effects on top of nondestructive effects that have not been flattened.

I regularly simultaneously run, MS Access, Excell, Word, Email, PowerPoint, Draw, Photo-PAINT, PaintShop Pro, Affinity Photo, AfterShot Pro and sometimes PhotoZoom. 

Children
No Data