Forum replies

Some of MY favourite Forum members: Ariel, Eskimo, Ronny Axelsson, hywelharris and Bobby Henderson (not in any particular order).
The one thing I particularly admire about these guys is that they will only respond when they need to and you can trust these guys to give you precise and accurate answers. They don't indulge in digression when responding to questions, nor do they provide grumpy responses. Always politely handing out technical and scientific answers. Their explanations are always very clear. Their expertise is unparalleled and I have learnt a LOT from these guys. I am truly inspired.

The Forum needs more people like the above-mentioned.

It's almost an embarrassment witnessing some members of the Forum who have a tendency to respond to almost each and every question resulting in responses that deviate from the original question. The question is usually left hanging. If you are not sure or you don't know the answer, please refrain from giving grumpy or digressing answers.

Lastly, most will agree with me that the Forum is slowly dying with less and less members participating. The layout is outdated and no longer attractive to the younger generation. It needs to be restructured (for inspiration check out modern designs like Affinity Forums). Just as an example, members can click on appropriate emoticon to rate an answer. See attached.